Tuesday, February 06, 2007

VELVET ELVIS

Did you know that Rob Bell has a book? I'm reading it right now, and thought you'd be interested in a random quote. And if you want to know what the book's like...picture a chapter like one of the NOOMA videos...it's got the same feel.

"Questions are so central to faith. A question by its very nature acknowledges that the person asking the question does not have all of the answers. And because the person does not have all of the answers, they are looking outside of themselves for guidance. Questions, no matter how shocking or blasphemous or arrogant or ignorant or raw, are rooted in humility. A humility that understands that I am not God. And there is more to know. Questions bring freedom. Freedom that I don't have to be God and I don't have to pretend that I have it all figured out. I can let God be God"(p.30).

No comments: