Monday, October 03, 2005

Thought of the Week...

growing up, my experience at church gave me the impression that sharing my faith had more to do with other people recognizing Christ in me through my actions (instead of also opening my mouth and being a witness with my words). if we believe that others should be able to see that we are Christians through our actions alone, this essentially frees us from the responsibility we have of sharing God's word vocally. but, I have come to realize (over the years) that this attitude is a cop-out...especially when i read Paul's letter to the Romans:

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How then can they call on the one they have not believed it? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? (Romans 10:13-14)

YES, we ought to set an example with our actions (all the time), but we can't expect people to know that we are followers of Christ if we never open our mouths about the faith we have in Christ...

MP

No comments: